Green Talks LIVE
The OECD Green Talks Live webinar series brings world experts together on pressing environmental issues for a global audience. These free webinars are open to the general public and participants are welcome to pose questions during the Q&A segment. Video recordings of our Green Talks are made available online afterwards.
Register for an upcoming webinar or watch the video recordings of our past webinars below.
FORTHCOMING WEBINARs: REGISTER NOW (MORE INFORMATION COMING SOON)
- Wednesday 14 November - Pharmaceutical Residues in Freshwater: Hazards and Policy Responses - REGISTER
- Friday 22 November - Scaling up climate-compatible infrastructure - Insights from national development banks in Brazil and South Africa - REGISTER
- Tuesday 10 December - Aligning Policies in the Land-Use Nexus - REGISTER
WEBINAR on taxing energy use 2019
On 15 October, Jonas Teusch from the OECD Centre for Tax Policy and Administration discussed the key findings from the OECD publication, Taxing Energy Use 2019, which presents new and original data on energy and carbon taxes in OECD and G20 countries, and in international aviation and maritime transport.
Global energy consumption rose strongly in 2018 along with energy-related CO2 emissions, reaching a new all-time high. This is disconcerting, as meeting the goals of the Paris Agreement will require deep cuts in emissions. Taxing polluting sources of energy is an effective way to curb emissions that harm the planet and human health. Where do countries stand in deploying energy and carbon taxes to reach environmental and climate goals? How can governments step up efforts?
MISSED OUR previous WEBINARS? WATCH THE VIDEO RECORDINGS
- Making Blended Finance Work for Water and Sanitation
- The Post-2020 Global Biodiversity Framework: Enhancing measurability to track progress at global and national level
- Responding to Rising Seas
- Materials Use to 2060: Economic Drivers and Environmental Consequences
- Rethinking Plastic Recycling in a Disposable Society
- Financing Climate Futures: Rethinking Infrastructure
- Carbon Pricing trends: Measuring the momentum
- Rethinking Urban Sprawl: Moving Towards Sustainable Cities
- Financing Water: Investing in Sustainable Growth
- Leveraging the Smart Grid to Optimise Energy Consumption
- Taxing Energy Use: Reforming energy tax systems to achieve environmental goals
- Groundwater Allocation: Growing Pressures on Quantity & Quality
- Water Risk Hotspots for Agriculture
- Investing in Climate, Investing in Growth
- Tackling environmental problems with behavioural insights
- Green finance and investment: Using policy levers to accelerate green capital flows
- Degraded Waters: Emerging policy solutions to tackle diffuse pollution
- 3D Printing - What the next production revolution means for the environment
- Moving Towards Mainstreaming Biodiversity
- Mind the gap: Measuring the carbon pricing shortfall
- Shipping after #COP21, will we miss the boat?
- Going for a resource efficient economy
- Thinking about global warming, Per Espen Stoknes
- Access all environment webinars via the OECD Green Talks Live YouTube channel.
ENGAGE WITH US
- To receive our Environment news, publications and events, sign up to MyOECD (choose "Environment" as an area of interest and tick "Environment News" under Newsletters).